August is referred to as the Sunday of Summer, because this is the time when anxiety flourishes. School starts, for the majority, during this month and “Back to School” specials are in full swing. Amongst all the warning signals for academia to begin again, I somehow had a pretty decent August.
- Justin Bieber debuted his new single, “What Do You Mean?,” on iTunes. The catchy song was performed by Bieber at the VMAs, where he strangely cried on stage. The music video came out that night, and it is the sexiest Calvin Klein ad.
- The New School generously screened the new movie, “Dope,” for free. The soundtrack, curated by Pharrell, perfected 90’s hip-hop culture. There were also standout performances by Chanel Iman, A$AP Rocky, and Tyga.
- I moved to NYC this month, and I can honestly say that it was one of the best decisions of my life.
- I went to Nicki Minaj’s “The Pinkprint Tour,” when it came to San Diego, and it was amazing. My love for Nicki was renewed.
- The reason I moved to NYC was because I started classes at The New School at the end of August. I’m studying Journalism + Design at the Eugene Lang College.
- Before I left for New York, my friend and I took a trip to LA and Laguna Beach. We saw a concert in LA and then went to Thousand Steps Beach in Laguna.