Decorate A Graduation Cap
I graduated on Friday, and a lot of my friends and I decorated our graduation caps. I was called about seven times in a row by one of my friends, because she was having serious difficulty with hers, so I decided to make a post to try and help those less creatively gifted. (I’m going to The New School BTW) Keep in mind that there are dozens of ways to approach this, and that this is just one.
- What you need: Scrapbook Paper, Scissors, Mod Podge/Hot Glue, Rhinestones (all can be found at craft stores)
- Cut your paper into the square shape of your cap
- Cut a small hole in the center, for the button, by gently folding the paper in half and cutting a semi circle in the middle of the fold
- Print out your school’s logo the size you want it to appear on your cap, then put your desired colored scrapbook paper underneath. Then forcefully trace the outline of the logo with a pencil or pen, so that the scrapbook paper is indented. Then cut along the indentation.
- Glue on your letters and other decorations with strong adhesive